In collaboration with Metta Day Rehabilitation Centre for the Elderly, Senior Active conducts its Youth Volunteer Development Programme (YVDP) with students of the girl guides’s group from Bedok View Secondary school, Pasir Ris Crest Secondary School and Tampines Secondary School.
The goals of the Youth Volunteer Development Programme are to:
- EDUCATE: educate more awareness to youths on the demographic challenges in Singapore as the country faces a greying population.
- BOND: encourage intergenerational interaction and bonding between youths and seniors.
- HELP: introduce youths to volunteering in charity and Voluntary Welfare organisations.
- INNOVATE: encourage innovation in the youths on ways they can enhance their ability to help others.
- INSPIRE: encourage building a community of youth volunteers.
Read more on this programme here:
The Youth Volunteer Development Programme is developed by Senior Active’s Occupational Therapy department. Interested in this programme? Please contact us via this form or email to firstname.lastname@example.org